Sunday, April 12, 2009

All about Mr. Brayden

Poor little Brayden has had a cough for about a week, Thursday night I noticed his cough was starting to sound like he was getting Bronchitis again!! Friday it was still bad and while he was sitting on my lap quietly, I noticed he was wheezing! I remembered when he had Bronchitis in December the doctor told us if we noticed any wheezing we were to bring him back ASAP!! I guess if it goes untreated he can get pneumonia! not good. So since it was Friday at like 4:00pm and our doctor is in IF I took him to Community Care, (I'm so glad I got the doctor there that I like) He looked him over really good and listened to him and said he was pretty wheezy and said we had to do breathing treatments. I thought that I was gonna have to go to the hospital or somewhere everyday to do this, but then he asked "have you ever used a nebulizer?" I was like I've heard the word before but didn't know what if was for. So I was sent home with a nebulizer and some instructions on how to use it and to do it every 4 hours. I thought it was gonna be some tourture thing for him and he'd scream through the whole thing, but he actually is very good through it and now knows what to do when he sees it, he'll grab the tubes and shove them in his mouth...what a smart little boy!!
The nebulizer
The first treatment
On top of all that he also has an ear infection and he's teething! but he is still the happiest baby on the planet!!
He's been scooting all over the place, he gets around pretty fast and is getting into everything pulling everything he can get his chunky hands onto over! he can't quite pull himself up all the way yet, he makes it to his knees and can't figure out what to do next! He's quite the adventurous baby, going all over the house exploring his new world. (Chloe never left the living room unless I carried her somewhere else) I think I'll have my hands full with this little guy. Hopefully he won't figure out how to walk and even worse, run any time soon!! ;)

**stay tuned for a post about our little Olympian!! hopefully I can get the video camera to cooperate.

7 comments:

charm said...

Poor guy! I had no idea it had gotten worse! I am not surprised at all, though, that he still has that sweet smile on his face! He's such a great baby boy! Hope he's all better soon.

Lura said...

That's so great that he's cheerful about using the nebulizer. What's it do? Is it helping? Is he getting better?

What a sweet boy. I'm sure you will have your hands full with him. As for the running (or scooting) around everywhere, well, I think it must be a genetic thing. His cousins certainly have always done the same thing! And Vinnie most likely did too. He is somewhat adventurous after all. :) Good luck.

MommyJo said...

That is so hard when they get sick and sound so horrible... Ty has those horrible coughs sometimes but it is just more asthmatic so they don't do anything about it! but Bronchitis... that is scary stuff for a baby! Good luck and I hope that he feels 100%+ soon!!!

Sariah said...

Oh my gosh, he looks like SUCH a Calkins in that last picture!!

Greg and Carly said...

Well Happy Birthday to you too! Greg was going to leave for DC on Monday but I made him stay till after my BDay! :)

I hope the little one is feeling better! Poor little man!

Allrie said...

Yes--he is copying his adventursome Daddy. What can I say--His character has not really changed at all since before birth--oooh the stories I could tell! Suffice it to say that Vin was walking/running/climbing all over the house before he turned 10 months!

He also got pneumonia at age 5--in the summertime!!

the Petterson Family said...

It's good that he is so great about the breathing treatments, there is a little boy that I have to give them to at work and he just screams bloody murder!!!

Hope he gets better soon!