Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st day of Kindergarten!

Well today was the day, Chloe started kindergarten!! She was SO excited this morning that she was dressed before she even came out of her room. After she was all ready and ate, she kept asking "is it time to go yet?" When we got to school we were standing outside of the door waiting for her teacher to come the kids kept trying to open the door and look inside they were all pretty excited. Her teacher, Mrs. Milner finally came and she was So sweet! She asked all the names right there in the hallway, which I think was an evil plan made with her and the principal (just kidding) because the principal started talking about an important meeting tonight and the next thing I knew all the kids were gone inside the class. I was kinda sad, I wanted to say goodbye atleast and get a few pictures of her in the class, oh well, atleast I got some before school.



Once I got home I anxiously watched the time waiting for her to get home to hear all about her first day. at 2:35 I was out with a few other mom's waiting for the bus to arrive. 3 buses passed and they finally showed up. Chloe was so cute, she was sitting right next to the window in good view with a HUGE smile on her face!! (I wish I would have gotten a picture of that but I waved back instead) She jumped right off the bus and ran up to me with a big hug! She loved it!! I asked her if she knew any kids in the class besides the neighbors and she said "no, and there's not even any mean boys like there were in preschool!" well that's good!! ;) She loved her teacher! I'm SO happy she loves school! Hopefully she'll keep up with this attitude.

3 comments:

smalltowngirl said...

I can't believe she is so big already! Time flies by way too fast.

Kayla said...

Well, here's to a great year of Kindergarten right?!?!

Kat said...

That's so fun but hard to believe she is in kindergarten. I remember Shelbie's first day...nerve wracking and sad but happy at the same time.