Monday, May 16, 2011

10 days later

Chloe had a Dr. appointment to get her finger checked. The Dr. said it should heal better than he thought. Me on the other hand, I'm still skeptical. I don't it looked very good. Yes, it looked better than I thought it would, I thought the whole finger from the knuckle up would be black and blue. but it was just the tip. The part right below the nail bed is the part I'm worried about. It still look smashed a bit and a pretty good chunk of skin is gone. I know skin grows back, but, I'm not to sure the concaveness <---- is that even a real word? oh well, I'm gonna make it one. =) is even gonna look normal again. It's not as bad as what it was before but who knows how much more it'll round back out. The Dr. was happy with the way it looked, but I'm still wishing that this didnt' happen =( I wasn't expecting it to look normal today but it's still kind of upsetting to see it, especially it being your own child.
She was so brave. The other day, she said: "mom, I think I know how my finger will look, I don't think the nail will be there yet, and I think it'll be black and blue, because you can see through the top part and it's really dark" I told her she was right and that it would have some of the blood dried on it because she wouldn't let them clean it. She seemed kind of freaked about the blood part, she doesn't do to well seeing her own blood. When the doctor was unwrapping her finger I could tell it hurt a little, she winced a few times and said "owey" but she didn't cry until she caught a glimpse and he wiped it little, and again I wanted to cry right along with her. =( Vince did take another picture with his phone. it's not very good, but I guess that's what you get with a camera phone. He want's to see it again in 2 weeks, so we'll see how much better it looks then.


4 comments:

Mel D said...

=( How sad!!
It still looks pretty awful. Poor Chloe. =( =(

Allrie said...

Oh, wow! I think it's looking very good! Don't worry, the finger will round out again. Mine did...And both of Lura's did...[one smashed in Marisa's house door, another smashed by Grandpa closing the car door on it! And they were out of the car, with her finger stuck in a clocked car door. Grandpa ran to the other side and crawled through t open it! But I must admit that I don't recall broken fingers any of those times. Still, I think Chloe's finger look pretty good...AND she's being very good about the whole experience!

the Petterson Family said...

Connel ruined both toes while dirt biking this April. It's been about 6 weeks and the toenails are still working their way back to growing in, it took a long time for them to look halfway normal. Poor Chloe! Hope it gets looking better soon!

Max and Sarah said...

Hi Tanya! I saw your comment on the Grover's blog and checked yours out! Did you take the pictures of the kids at the top and side? If so, they look great! I also love the photos of Hawaii-AMAZING! I am glad you are having fun with your camera:) You are doing a great job. I am SO sorry to read about Chloe's finger, it broke my heart. What an unfortunate, excrusiating (sp?) experience. I am so glad it is still attached and on the mends! I hope it continues to go that way and everything else is going great!