So Chloe is now officially potty trained!!!! wahoo!!! it took FOREVER!! and it was alot more expensive then I thought it would be. First I thought i'll need to buy a stool, a couple potty seats, stickers and treats for rewards. Well, when the stickers and treats weren't working, we got desperate and told her when she filled up all her boxes on the chart we made she could get anything she wanted, she picked a wagon... did you guys know wagons are over 100 bucks?!?! well I guess the red metal ones aren't but those are really shallow and she probably wouldn't fit in it very well, I want to get her one of those plastic ones she can actually sit in. so anyway...she did good for like 2 days maybe, then she stopped going! she refused to poop in the toilet!! it was so frustrating we tried so many things and it didn't work, we told her it was ok to have accidents like everybody tell you to say to the kids, but then she'd go and say "but it's ok, we'll just clean up and keep playing" well after about a week of her saying that is was ok to go in her underwear I told her that it was NOT ok anymore and I started to throw the underwear in the garbage with her watching, and told her when they were gone she was back in diapers at first she was sad cause her princess panties were going in the garbage but soon that changed to "goodbye princess panties!!" and she'd walk off not even caring about it.
I heard the worst thing to do was to put them back in diapers...so I thought ok, I'll just keep her in underwear, she's got the peeing part down... so for a while we wouldn't say anything to her about any accidents, jsut clean her up and go about the activity we were doing. about a month of that and I'd had it. So this is how it was finally achieved... TV!! yes I know it's sounds weird it wasn't a movie or anything it was a commercial for this thing called a light sketcher, she thought is was the coolest thing in the world and wanted to have it!! I told her if she could go 1 week without any accidents she could get one... it totally worked!!! she got the $30.00 light sketcher and she loves it! she still talks about getting the wagon when her boxes are filled so we'll probably get that to since we did tell her she could get one, and for some reason she thinks she gets "crayola", it's 3d sidewalk chalk from crayola she saw that on a commercial too, (No she doesn't always watch tv) I don't know why she thinks she's getting it, but she's not, I'll just have to tell her the store doesn't have anymore and hope she never see's it there! So after 2 weeks accident free I say we're done!!! :)
6 comments:
HoORAY for you and Chloe!! It feels so good to have that little milestone over with right?! :) It's much more of a process than I ever had imagined it would be!! haha.
YAY!!! That's always a relief when potty training's over with! It's about time for me to start Mieley and I am DReADING it!
She is so funny!! Way too smart!
Yay!! We're just barely starting with Dallin. I just don't want the fight of potty training like we had with Aiden.
I did put Aiden back in diapers at one point. I said "Enough is enough", put him in diapers because I was sick of cleaning up "accidents", and after about 2 months, he suddenly wanted to sit on the potty and wear big boy underwear. He only had the occasional accident after that (and they were seriously no big deal), and was totally trained.
YAY for you! I felt like Caitlyn would never get to the point of just going on her own! It has been about a year now and I can't wait for Ty to be potty trained... I feel for you in the process of getting to that point though... they can't just make things easier on you can they? Congrats! One out of diapers just in time to put another one in them!
Yay for Chloe and for you! I haven't even started with Jago yet. He likes to watch the "Elmo potty" video, and he likes his little Winnie the Pooh potty as a chair, but that's it. He won't even tell me when he needs a new diaper.
Post a Comment