Sunday, November 2, 2008

halloween fun




Halloween this year was a 3 day event for us...Wednesday night we went to boo at the zoo, by the time we got there though it was getting dark so I think Chloe was a little spooked walking through the dark with a bunch a crazy kids dressed up as ghosts and vampires and all those scary masks, I forgot my camera for that so no pics of that night.Thursday was the Halloween Party with her friends and of course friday was trick-or-treating :) I'm glad she really didn't get that much candy, cause she is always begging for it..This year Chloe was a witch and Brayden was a little monster (that's what we ended up calling him) but we weren't quite sure if it was a dragon or a dinosaur but he sure did look cute. The Halloween party was at our clubhouse, we had lots of yummy food and fun games for the kids, a beanbag toss and a cakewalk. the kids had some great costumes.


On Friday afternoon we carved pumpkins, I don't think I've ever carved a pumpkin before but it was so much fun, we did 3 pumpkins, chloe wanted just a face, so I did half of that one and vince finished it, and I did the spider and web, the little parts of the web and the spider legs were not very fun to carve out, and Vince did the skull and crossbones. Chloe thought that it was fun to put the pieces that were carved out back into the holes in the pumpkin like a puzzle. then decided that all the little pieces of pumpkin were icecream and put it inside her pumpkin and dished us some. she's so silly. but she had fun.

5 comments:

Kate Call said...

love that picture of chloe holding brayden!! so cute! glad you hear you guys had a fun halloween!

Lura said...

I personally hate carving pumpkins. The carving part isn't bad, it's the scooping out the gross, goopy insides. I don't like having gunk on my hands. Yuck.

Sounds like you guys had fun, and Chloe and Brayden are very cute.

Vehar Family said...

How funny that we picked out the same costume for our little boys! So cute! We were sad we missed the Halloween party this year! Kami kept talking about her friends and how they were all going to be at the clubhouse. SAD! :( Glad you guys had such a fun time though!

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

Hey Tanya! Cute blog! Your kids were so cute at the party!

Allrie said...

Chloe was the cutest witch I've ever seen! Who would've thought to put pink on a witch!? Darling. And then the pic with her holding Brayden...what can I say?!
You know after Halloween I always cut up the Jack-O'Lanterns and can the pumpkin--and roast the seeds. The more Jack gathered, the more pumpkin for later.