Today was Chloe's last day of "school" (toddler lab at ByuI).I've been telling her this for a while now so she understands that she won't be going anymore. She said that she was sad cause she likes her school. I'm glad she had so much fun, I just hope she always loves it as much as she does now. The teachers did a really good job to make it special and fun for all the kids, sometimes we'd see Chloe sit on the stairs and get really sad we'll ask her what the matter is and she'dsay "I just want to go back to my school" I guess 2 days a week just isn't enough for her. I did sign her up for Preschool, but that wont start until January sometime, (the fall semester was full) she is excited for that, she knows that when another Christmas comes it's gonna be time for school again. She told everybody that a few weeks ago over and over again.
That reminds me of school, I actually kinda miss it, (am I crazy?) I mean I love where I'm at now, and wouldn't give it up for anything, but sometimes when you think of High School don't ya kinda miss it? I do, I loved it... no responsibility except if you had a job or homework if you actually did it ;) and just plain fun, friends and doing whatever you wanted, oh and ballroom, I miss dancing so much!!! I want to go through all my pictures from back then and post some (I got some good ones of you Laura...ha ha j'k I won't post anything embarrassing )
6 comments:
Aw that is cute she will miss pre-school. Today was my last day of teaching pre-school and I can't tell you how happy I am!
Chloe is so sweet! She has such a little tender heart, I love it. Yes, sometimes I miss high school, I miss Color Guard and Ballroom and Friends, but I am glad I have such great memories from it!
When do you find out what you are having?
Poor Chloe...I hope she never gets tired of school. Last year, when I was finishing up college..I thought it was never going end..and that I was stuck forever!
You know, I haven't been out of school for very long. By the last few years I was so ready to be done, but now, I miss learning everyday. Using my brain.
And yes, I miss high school sometimes. I really liked it, too. Do I want to go back and relive any of it? No. But it was fun at the time.
Sis. Broadhead in your ward does preschool. She is awesome!!!!! Call her and see if she has any openings. She does the whole year, not by semester. Dallin really liked her.
I'm with Lura. Even tho it's been quite awhile longer...I loved high school, but, no, I wouldn't want to go back and do it again--especially nowdays. I was in high school in a much more innocent time.
Besides, in some ways I have gone back [again, and again] whenever I'd get involved in my kids schools. So I can miss band and flag and theatre in many ways, Fri night football games, but also Tues and Fri basketball.
As a teacher, it was different, but a yet similar.
One should never stop learning. Even if you are not taking a class, you can always pick a subject and in spare moments learn about it--with the internet, research is so very easy. Take your kids to library story hour, and while they are enjoying their class, you can read, or even get a group of Moms studying something together. [If your library doesn't have a story hour program--volunteer! Then you will really learn!I did that at Chanute AFB and again when we moved off base to Paxton.]
Living in a college town, you have many opportunities. You can go to Devotionals, large lectures, even audit, or take a class! The opportunities today are endless...you just have to find what fits you best--classes at the hobby store or home depot...there's always something.
I'm not surprised at Chloe, she is one of the interested children I've known--and I've know an awful lot of young children! You can even choose something to learn and study with Chloe [just be warned that nylons do NOT make a top for an ant farm! :)
Post a Comment