Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sick
but this time it's not me...it's Chloe. it all started yesterday afternoon, she told me she had a headache, I gave her some tylenol. Then she crawled up on the couch and cuddled with me (which is not her usual thing to do) she leaned her head on my face and she felt so hot! so I went and got the thermometer, sure enough she had a high fever of 103 about 4 hours later it was still pretty high so I gave her motrin, it brought it down a little but enough. She started to tell me she hurt all over, her head, her toes and her neck(throat) the weird thing was is she was acting completely normal other than her cuddling with me. We watched her temp. the rest of the day and just before bed it was down to 100 so we thought she might just get better. When she woke up it was back up to 103 gave her more meds and it brought it down but still not enough. we were hoping to wait till tomorrow to bring her to the doctor but after her nap it was 104 with meds still in her, plus she threw up, her face was so red and so was her tummy, so we just decided to take her in. poor thing has strep throat. :( she did really good during the strep test, I told her they were gonna tickle the back of her throat so she wouldn't freak out and it seemed to do the trick, she did so good. Hopefully she'll be lots better soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
ohh, poor girl. Hope she gets feeling better!
Ooh, strep thoat? Ouch. Poor Chloe. I hope she's better soon. Sounds like she's been a trooper though.
Glad to hear you aren't sick, too. :)
Oh I'm so sorry. Strep throat is the worst.
Sick kids are always hard. I'm sorry to hear she's sick. Ella always likes popcicles when she is sick.
Yuck! That is no fun, hope you don't get sick too!
OH I am so sorry that she was so sick. Strep Throat hurts so much. I hope she feels better soon. I hope you can get some rest too. It's exhausting taking care of sick kids. Good luck.
My poor Chloe-bear!! Dallin got strep sometime this past year, too. Thankfully the medication works fast. Hope she feels better really soon!!
Poor baby!! She is such a good girl, not to be acting different except the cuddling. I hope that she gets over it quickly!! BTW...Happy Birthday to Grandpa Vince...lol!!
Post a Comment